Riles
he/they
twenty
december 22
the under
homosexual
student
civilian
oh, only silence can repair... my sense of self i lost somewhere.
awards
56 posts
riley maddox DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @riley
riley maddox
splish, splash [M]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 6:38:50 GMT
riley maddox Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","francie-lb"]
[attr="class","francie-lb-pkmn"]
[attr="class","francie-lb-pkmn-2"]

[attr="class","francie-lb-bannertop"]

[attr="class","francie-lb-w"]
[attr="class","francie-lb-img"]

[attr="class","francie-lb-w-1"]

One of these days, Blue was going to give him a heart attack.[break][break]

On this particular day, the energetic oshawott had accompanied him down to the waters of Slateport Beach. It was a relatively warm November morning, and Riley happened to have some time off from classes, so he'd decided to go for a walk near the beach. It was possibly one of the last warm days of the year, after all—which was a weird thought, actually. Fairly different from Orre's climate.[break][break]

But the moment they reached the sand, Riley regretted his decision. As it turned out, some kind of event had been set up along one side of the beach, with a modest crowd lingering and occasionally letting out gasps or applause. Some kind of show, obviously. Initially, Riley had been perfectly satisfied to head to the other side of the beach and ignore it, but Blue had taken off in the direction of the show before Riley could stop him.[break][break]

As they reached the event, Riley was finally able to read the signs... and grimaced. TRAVELLING MERMAID SHOW was printed in large, eye-catching font, but that wasn't what made him uneasy. It was the smaller script right underneath that had him worried: amateur entries welcome. For a moment, Riley was relieved that Blue couldn't read.[break][break]

And then the little fucker looked up at him with wide, pleading eyes. Those fucking eyes. "Aw, c'mon!" Riley moaned quietly, leaning his head back. "There's no way you can read that." Regardless, Blue had somehow picked up on the event's implication, and his pleading eyes grew wider. "No. No way," Riley said firmly, shaking his head again.[break][break]

The oshawott let out a little whimper. Riley hissed in a breath, before caving immediately.[break][break]

"Fine. Whatever." He let out a long, low sigh, before turning to the crowd. "You're not gonna be this cute forever, little guy. Don't get used to this." With that, Riley stepped away to find the show organizer, quietly cursing out Sierra for inflicting this hellion upon him. Blue, meanwhile, hopped up and down as he waited, water jetting out from his feet as he leapt into the air.

[attr="class","francie-lb-bannerbottom"]

mission: mermaid show

[break][break]

[newclass=.francie-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb b]color:#d49736;letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb i]color:#cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn div]height: 8px;margin: 0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn div:hover]color:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn-2 img]margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannertop div]padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-w]display:flex;gap:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(50%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,925 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
splish, splash [M]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 20:58:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin wasn't too keen on wearing the mermaid suit the organizer wanted her to wear. would find a green-haired, lithe female arguing with them that her take on the show would be unlike anything Hoenn had ever seen. "I'm the wildest Pokémon rider in Hoenn for a reason, and I have Pokémon perfect for it. I just need to be able to use my legs and feet. Please?"

After some more coaxing, mostly due to the positively enormous Shiny Vaporeon at Shalin's side the organizer agreed to a compromise: she would wear a bottom half of the mermaid suit much too large for her. This would allow her to retain some use of her legs. While it would make the tail fin look a little unusual and perhaps be a little uncomfortable close to the top, it was better than not being able to use her legs at all.

Once the dispute had been settled, Shalin turned toward the locker room before noticing . "So sorry you had to hear that." Rielle put on the most adorable smile, the water-type Eeveelution standing about as tall as her trainer did.

{WC: 185}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Rielle        Vaporeon**     Good
Levy          Milotic        Good
Artea         Dewgong        Good
Bass Boost    Seismitoad     Good

close tab

played by

scrim

Riles
he/they
twenty
december 22
the under
homosexual
student
civilian
oh, only silence can repair... my sense of self i lost somewhere.
awards
56 posts
riley maddox DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @riley
riley maddox
splish, splash [M]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 8:02:11 GMT
riley maddox Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","francie-lb"]
[attr="class","francie-lb-pkmn"]

[attr="class","francie-lb-bannertop"]

[attr="class","francie-lb-w"]
[attr="class","francie-lb-img"]

[attr="class","francie-lb-w-1"]

Muttering curses at his stupid, adorable oshawott, Riley moved through the crowd to try and find the event's organizer. What even was a mermaid show, anyway? He'd never actually seen one, considering where he'd grown up, but he really hoped it wasn't anything like what he was picturing.[break][break]

And then, unfortunately, he stumbled across the event organizer, arguing with a young woman about her costume. Her mermaid costume. For a moment, Riley's mind blanked out. There was no way, absolutely no way, he was going to wear one of those stupid things, not even for the most adorable oshawott in the world.[break][break]

He pictured Blue's pleading face again. Fuck.

By the time he'd recovered, the young woman had finished her conversation and approached him, flanked by a strange pink vaporeon. She apologized to him, of all people, for having overheard. "Oh, uh, yeah," Riley replied, scratching his head. "No problem." He paused, working up the courage to continue.[break][break]

"Truthfully, I... uh," he muttered, looking away. "One of my pokémon's got it in his head to participate, but... I'm not super thrilled with the idea. The costume, especially." Riley, though he hadn't really realized up until that point, had a severe case of what the kids called stage fright. "Maybe I'll just, uh, do something with him another time." Yet his feet remained planted in place, staring directly at the event organizer.

[attr="class","francie-lb-bannerbottom"]

mission: mermaid show

[break][break]

[newclass=.francie-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb b]color:#d49736;letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb i]color:#cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn div]height: 8px;margin: 0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn div:hover]color:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-pkmn-2 img]margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannertop div]padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-w]display:flex;gap:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(50%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,925 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
splish, splash [M]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 5:44:49 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
When the show staff came back with Shalin's suit, it was almost laughably large for her. It would work for her, though her "tail" would look laughably long. It would have to do, though, what with what she had planned. She turned toward Riley, subtly trying to convince him to walk alongside her and chat while she walked toward the distant ladies' changing room. "You don't have to! If your Pokémon wants to participate, let them! I'm sure they'll put on a good show without you." Rielle let out a cry of encouragement toward the Oshawott.

Once Riley was done with their business with the event organizer, Rielle would step between the two, Shalin giving the Vaporeon she saw eye-to-eye with a pat on the head. "Captain Shalin Nariya of Rustboro," she introduced herself, "one of the greatest Pokémon riders in Hoenn. This is Rielle; she'll be one of the Pokémon in the show." But not her main one. Oh, no. As breathtaking as the Shiny Vaporeon was, she had a Pokémon she was keeping a secret from Riley - and the rest of the crowd.

It would be a true showstopper.

{WC: 195}
{PC: 2}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Rielle        Vaporeon**     Good
Levy          Milotic        Good
Artea         Dewgong        Good
Bass Boost    Seismitoad     Good
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited